Upfront Improvisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2-person, 3-person

2 posters

Go down

2-person, 3-person Empty 2-person, 3-person

Post  kraigpencil Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:11 am

I hope to play 2-person, 3-person tonight. What are the key points to pay attention to for a successful game?

kraigpencil
Improv Student

Back to top Go down

2-person, 3-person Empty Key points to 2/3

Post  Improvthekid Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:16 pm

Be aware of where all three characters are at any given time. Do this even if the third character has not yet been introduced.

Here is something that may or may not be helpful for your awareness:
Create a visualization for yourself of a character map for the stage. Mine, for example, takes the shape of an overhead map of the scene. While I am in the scene I have this map in my mental-peripheral and I try to make standing marks onstage for all of the characters.

Otherwise, just keep the following phrase present in your thoughts as you play this game: 'Which two characters should the audience be watching right now?' And based on the answer to that question, decide who in the scene you should be playing.

Too much?

Hope it helps.
Improvthekid
Improvthekid
Artistic Director

Back to top Go down

2-person, 3-person Empty Re: 2-person, 3-person

Post  kraigpencil Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:29 am

'Mental map'. Check!
'Which two characters should the audience be watching right now?' Check!

Hadn't thought of either in those terms before. Will keep in mind for next time.

Played 2-3 last night (before seeing Billy's advice). Scene felt pretty good, but afterward we thought that stronger physical and vocal differences between the characters would have strengthened the scene. And the audience would enjoy watching us successfully (or not) snap into different characters.

Thank you for the advice. Hope to play 2-3 again very soon.

kraigpencil
Improv Student

Back to top Go down

2-person, 3-person Empty Re: 2-person, 3-person

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum